- Address space
- Virtual storage
- Paging and swapping concepts
- Workload management
- Storage management
- SMF – storage management facility
- VLF – virtual look aside facility concepts
- Storage mangers – VSM, RSM , ASM concepts
- Tcp /Ip
- Initialization and IPL Process
- Phases of JES
- MAS (multi access spool)
- JES commands
- Monitoring console messages
- Spool maintenance
- Types of catalog
- Managing catalog
- TSO user creation, Group creation, User Catalog Creation and Alias, Tailoring Logon
- Procedures, Limiting System Resource Access.
- Creating and Maintaining Profiles – Generic, Discrete, and Resource Profiles.
- Granting TSO Authorisation, Revoke, Resume.
- Providing necessary ACCESS authority.
- Creating Storage Groups, Databases, Table spaces & Tables for DB2 Objects.
- Running DB2 Utilities like Load, Unload, Re-org, Repair, Rebuild.
- Removing pending status by running DB2 Utilities.
- Granting table, index creation and Bind Privileges
- Granting and Revoking privileges to users
- Increasing the DB2 tables space and index space size.
- Backup and Recovery of Table spaces.
- Active log and Archive log datasets maintenance.
- Installation DB2 version 8 and version 9
- Migration of DB2 version 8, version 9, and version 10
- Migration of DB2 version 9 to version 10
- Applying maintenance to DB2
- Applying PTF to DB2
- Analyzing DB2 performance recommending correcting action
- Performing hold actions for DB2 Maintenance
- Performing DB2 disaster recovery
- Decommissioning of DB2
- Decommissioning of DB2 related products
- Installation of DB2 related products
- Applying Maintenance DB2 related products
- Daily actives of DB2 of System Admin and System Programmer
- Using DB2 using Utilities and Advanced Command options
- Tape & Volume initialization, VTOC resizing, DASD administration.
- Performing Backup and Restore Operations.
- Generating SMF DUMP
- Creating the Page Dataset.
- DASD Maintenance – Compress, Release and Defrag Volumes.
- General Dataset Maintenance – Deleting Log Datasets, Deleting Old Datasets, Moving Datasets
- between Volumes.
- Taking Regular Backup and Restoration whenever needed.
- Defining Transaction, File, Map and Program entries in CICS control region.
- Forcing Looping Tasks.
- Scheduling Backups for CICS Datasets.