Service Management as a practice:
- Concept of Good Practice.
- Concept of a Service
- Concept of Service Management
- Functions, Rolesand Processes
- Process model.
- Characteristics of processes.
The Service Life cycle:
- How Service Assets are the basis for Value Creation
- Basics of Value Creation through Services
- Service Portfolio Management (SPM)
- Demand Management
- Financial Management
- Understand the importance of People, Processes, Products and Partners for Service Management.
- The five major aspects of Service Design
- Service Level Management (SLM)
- Supplier Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Service Vmodel
- Change Management
- Service Assetand Configuration Management (SACM)
- Release and Deployment Management
- IT Services versus Technology components.
- Stability versus Responsiveness.
- Quality of Service versus Cost of Service.
- Reactive versus Proactive.
- ncident Management.
- Event Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- The Service Desk function
- The Technical Management function
- The Application Management function
- The IT Operations Management function (IT Operations Control and Facilities Management)
- Plan, Do, Check and Act (PDCA) Model to control and manage quality
- Continual Service Improvement Model
- Role of measurement for Continual Service Improvement
- The 7 step improvement process