Data Warehouse Fundamentals
- An introduction to Data Warehousing
- Purpose of Data Warehouse
- Data Warehouse Architecture
- Operational Data Store
- OLTP Vs Warehouse Applications
- Data Marts Data marts Vs Data Warehouses
- Data Warehouse Life cycle .
- Introduction to Data Modeling
- Entity Relationship model (E-R model)
- Data Modeling for Data Warehouse
- Dimensions and fact tables
- Star Schema and Snowflake Schemas.
ETL Design Process
- Introduction to Extraction,
- Transformation & Loading
- Types of ETL Tools
- Key tools in the market .
Data Stage Installation
- Data stage Installation
- Prerequisites to install Data stage
- Installation process.
Introduction to Datastage Version
- Datastage introduction
- IBM information Server architecture
- DataStage components
- DataStage main functions
- Client components.
- Datastage project Administration - Editing projects and Adding Projects
- Deleting projects Cleansing up project files
- Global variable setting – Environement management
- Auto purging – Rutime Column Propagation(RCP)
- Add checkpoints for sequencer – NLS configuration
- Generated OSH (Orchestra Engine) – System formats like data,
- timestamp – Project protect – Version details.
- Introduction to Datastage Director – Validating Datastage Jobs
- Executing Datastage jobs – Job execution status
- Monitoring a job – Job log view – job scheduling
- Creating Batches – Scheduling batches.
- Introduction to Datastage Designer – Importance of Parallelism
- Pipeline Parallelism – Partition Parallelism
- Partitioning and collecting - Partition techniques
- Datastage Repository Palette – Passive and Active stages
- Job design overview – Designer work area
- Annotations – Creating jobs – Importing flat file definitions
- Dataset Overview
Working with Parallel Job Stages
- Database Stages
- Oracle – Teradata – ODBC – dynamic RDBMS
- Sequential file – Dataset – File set – Lookup file set.
- Copy – Filter – Funnel – Sort Remove duplicate
- Aggregator – Modify – Compress – Expand – Decode
- Encode – Switch – Pivot stage – Lookup
- Join – Merge – difference between look up,
- join and merge – change capture – Change apply
- Compare – Difference – Surrogate key generator
- Head – Tail – Peek – Column generator
- Row generator .
Real Time Stages
- XML input – XML output , Java packs,
- Webservice packs
Local and Shared containers
Advanced Stages in Parallel Jobs
- Range Look process – Surrogate key generator stage
- Slowly changing dimension stage – iway stage
- FTP stage – Java plug in – Job performance analysis
- Resource estimation
- Slowly Changing Dimensions implementation
- Performance tuning.
- Arrange job activities in Sequencer
- Triggers in Sequencer – Restablity
- Recoverability – Notification activity
- Terminator activity
- Wait for file activity Start Look activity
- Execute Command activity – Nested Condition activity
- Exception handling activity – User Variable activity
- End Loop activity – Adding Checkpoints