Many engineering graduates do not get an opportunity to study about Software Testing as part of their curriculum. As a result, such graduates may find it very difficult to start their career as test engineers in the software industry. Also, many corporates do not have any program to train the engineers on software testing before deploying them to the projects. The consequence of this is that the software product that is delivered to the customers may not be completely bug free. Even if the corporates want to improve the quality of the products before their delivery, the development life cycle may get stretched significantly because of the inadequate expertise level of test engineers. Moreover, the testing job requires a different mindset from the test engineers along with the domain knowledge. So, the testing personnel need to be well equipped with the fundamentals and principles of software testing as well as the domain knowledge in order to be successful in their career and do justice to their role. This Software Test Management for Telecom Applications Training is intended to prepare the fresh graduates as well as the senior engineers who are first timers in software testing to take up the testing responsibilities confidently and eventually succeed as test engineers. Though the course has been designed for the telecom professionals it has all the necessary details required by the professionals working in any other technical domains.
Key terms & Definitions
Necessity for software testing
Objectives of testing
Some of the testing criteria
- Robustness, Completeness, Consistency, Usability, Testability,Safety, etc.
Cost of testing
- Positive and negative costs
Levels of testing
- Unit, Integration, System, Alpha, Beta, Acceptance, etc.
- White box testing, Black box testing, Function testing, Regression testing, Performance testing
Techniques of testing
- Data flow testing, Equivalence partitioning, Boundary value analysis,Random analysis, Positive & Negative testing, etc.
V - Model
Test case definition
Test case design methodologies
- White-box approach & Black-box approach
Test result summary
- How to improve test coverage, Method of tracking defect escape analysis
Advanced topics in software testing
- Concepts of Conformance testing & Inter-Operability testing, Tips on API testing, Embedded software testing, Usability testing, Portability testing, etc.
Product release types
- General availability, Feature Introduction, Patch or problem resolution, Emergency releases and their impact on test strategy
Typical product test execution cycle
Risk identification, Mitigation & Contingencies w.r.t. software testing
Test cycle time reduction
- What and how about test cycle time reduction, importance, etc.
Software test metrics
- Metrics related to Quality, Schedule, Test effectiveness, etc.
Responsibilities of a tester
Attitudes that make a good tester
Thanks to Xpertised and the tutor who walked me through all the topics with Practical exposure which is helping me in my current project.
Course was quite helpful in terms of understanding of concepts and practicality. Its really a very friendly environment to learn. The timing were mutually chosen, as we both are working professional.
I am quite satisfied with the course.