- Limitations of Manual Testing
- Why to Automate?
- Benefits of Test Automation
- What is Test Automation?
- When to Automate?
- Pre-requisites to start Test Automation
- What to Automate?
- Can we automate 100%?
- What not to automate?
- Limitations of Test Automation
- Who will automate?
- Skills, Tool, Resources availability
Business need Vs Test automation
- What is businessneeds driving automation?
- What will be gain in term of ROI, Reduced execution Time, Additional coverage etc?
- Available time, resources and Skills to complete test automation?
- What are success criteria for Test automation?
Test Automation Tools
- Test Automation is not just automation using any tool, why?
- What is a test automation tool?
- What are different tools available in market?
- Open source and commercial automation tools
- Advantages of test automation tool?
- What Kind of application under test (Desktop/Web/...)?
- Tool evaluation criteria
- Tool selection and feasibility study
- Risks/limitations of using specific Tools
- Success factors of implementing a tool
- Automation - Myths and Realities
- Test Automation beyond Record & Playback
- Why to use any framework?
- What is Test Automation Framework?
- Framework Vs automation Tools
- Test Bed Creation for/within test automation
Different types of test automation frameworks
- Basic Test Script Modularity (Record and Playback)
- Data Driven Testing
- Keyword Driven Testing
- Hybrid Test Automation
Components of an automation framework
- System Under Test
- Framework modules
- Abstract Layer
- External Data
Case Study - Designing an Automation framework Assignment and Exercises