Performance Testing Basics
- Introduction to Performance Testing Basics
- What is Performance Testing & Definition?
- Understanding the Requirement for Performance Testing.
- Functional Vs Performance Testing.
- Performance Testing Life Cycle or Core Activities
- Types of Performance Testing
- Load Testing
- Stress testing
- Volume testing
- Spike testing
- Capacity testing
- Endurance testing
- Key Concepts
- Response Time
- Peak Time
- Client Server Architecture
- Thin Client & Thick Client
- Web Application & Concepts of Different tiers
- Concept of Web Servers & Different web servers.
- What is HTTP?
- Some Concepts from RFC
- Concepts of Request & Response & Attributes
- Response Codes & there interpretation.
Introduction To UCM
- What is UCM?
- Requirement of UCM
- Small Exercise on UCM
- Identifying Scenario's
- Documenting Different User Scenario's
Test Recording and Script Generation
- Browser Configuration
- HTTP Recording
- HTTP Test Generation
- Non Browser Recording
- Recording from secure website
- HTTP recording tips
Test Editing and Augmentation
- Test editing overview
- Test editing best practices
- Test data creation
- Data correlation
- Adding verification to the test
- Adding test elements
- Connections and timings
- Improving test reuse and documentation
Test Playback and Debugging
- Test and Schedule Playback
- Playback status
- Monitor and Control
Testing with custom Java code
- What is custom code?
- Custom code usage
- The basics of custom code
- Using datapools
- Extending tests with custom code
- Schedule overview
- Schedule Creation
- Advanced scheduling
- Controlling schedule behavior
Results Analysis and Reporting
- Introduction to analysis and reporting
- Statistical basis for reporting performance results
- Basic reports and customization
- Using reports to find time consuming application steps
- Some common scenarios for further analysis
- Configuring a performance schedule
- Monitoring using Windows Performance Monitor & Important Counters.