The Workplace Violence Training Course is meant for Workers or managers, including those in Human Resources, who need to learn to recognize, prevent, and deal with workplace threats and violence.
The Workplace Violence surveys show that one out of every four employees will be somehow impacted by violence, threat of violence, or criminal activity in the workplace. Everyone at work today should be equipped with the skills for handling potentially dangerous events and preventing them from escalating into violence and terror.
Whether participants are an employee who is faced with the threat or potential for harm, or a manager (including human resources personnel) taking the lead in creating a safe work environment, this course will help participants learn the required skills. It focuses on identifying potentially threatening behaviours and environments, taking preventative actions to thwart violent situations before they are even considered, and handling emergencies with a cool head to reduce the potential of violence. Easy to remember tactics and strategies are also provided. Upon course completion, participants will have the skills and tools to recognize threats, how to bring them forward, how to deter and diminish a variety of dangerous situations, and thus ensure a safe work environment.
Violence in the Workplace
- Introduction and violence video
- Facts and statistics about workplace violence and related issues
Defining Workplace Violence
- Levels of violence
- Workplace violence spectrum
- Are these behaviors threatening situations
Identifying Potentially Violent Employees without Discriminating
- Profile of the potentially violent employee
- Motivations for violence
- Behaviors and what they may mean
Company Culture and Policy
- Reporting procedures
- Management responsibility
- Culture and its impact on potentially threatening situations
Workplace Violence Prevention and Plans
- Early warning signs
- Handling issues before they are issues
- Handling conflict proactively
- Keeping external elements outside the front doors
- What can prevent a violent outcome? Early coaching
Handling Potentially Violent and Threatening Situations
- Identifying problems and responses during crises
- Flowchart for handling imminent danger
- Four rules to follow to create safety for all
- Heroes must live first: Here's how!
Dealing with Aggressive or Threatening Behavior
- Effective and amicable disciplinary actions, terminations and other decisions
- Diffusing dangerous situations
- Wrap-up and Q & A
- Action Plan
Thanks to Xpertised and the tutor who walked me through all the topics with Practical exposure which is helping me in my current project.
Course was quite helpful in terms of understanding of concepts and practicality. Its really a very friendly environment to learn. The timing were mutually chosen, as we both are working professional.
I am quite satisfied with the course.