Introduction to Technical Writing
Is training required to become a Technical Writer?
Types of Technical Writing
Successful Technical Writing
Styles used in Technical Writing
Ten Rules of English Grammar
Checklists for Peer Review, Editorial review & Proof Reading
Tools used in Technical Writing - RoboHelp, Frame Maker,SnagIT, VSS etc.
- Introduction: What is Robohelp? Why it is required? Understanding the UI.
- Creating New Project
- Adding New Topics
- Adding New Folders
- Book Marks
- Importing Content
- Merging Projects
- Cascading Style Sheets - Font set & applying in CSS
- Adding Auto Sizing Popup, DHTML - expanding hotspot & Dropdown hotsopt
- Add Graphics
- User Defined Variables
- Review in Robohelp and PDF created from Robohelp
- Creating TOC
- Index Words
- Context sensitive help
- Generating outputs - HTML help, Webhelp, Flashhelp & Printed Document.
- Introduction: What is Frame Maker? Why it is required? Understanding UI
- Create New Document - Custom
- Using Templates
- Creating Templates in Frame Maker
- Working with master page
- Creating Character Formats, Colours
- Working with Graphics
- Working with tables
- Editing Documents
- Generating Books - TOC
- Working with indexes
- Using Hyperlinks
SangIT & Visual Safe Source (Half a Day). Assignments on FrameMaker and RoboHelp.