The purpose of this Function Point Estimation Technique is to provide a complete and in-depth understanding of the Function Point Analysis technique based on the IFPUG Release 4.1 standard.
The principles of functional size measurement are introduced. The counting rules and practices of evaluating the functional size of new and enhanced software projects are discussed in detail. Several case studies relate the material to different phases of commercial software development. Guidelines are established to conduct Function Point counts, to implement Function Point programs, and to interpret Function Point results. Project management software and estimating tools are reviewed. Error margins, limitations, and alternative software measurement techniques are considered.
The Need and Challenges for Estimation
- Introduction - Estimation
- Need Analysis
- The Business Impact of Estimation
- Steps to Improve Estimation Process
- Roles and Responsibilities
Introduction and Overview of Function Point
- Overview of Function Point Sizing Process
- Components of Function Point
- Developer Productivity in SDLC - An Explanation
- Function Point and Productivity
- The benefits of Function Point Estimation Process
- Application of Function Point Estimation
Introduction Function Point Counting Process
- Introduction and Definition
- Types of Function Point Counts
- High Level Steps
- FPA Steps for Files
Function point Counting Process
- Establishing Boundary
- Identifying RETs, DETs, FTRs
- External Inputs
- External Outputs
- External Inquiries
- Transaction Review
- Internal Logical File
- External interface File
- General System Characteristic
- Computing Adjusted Function Point
- Sizing from Requirement Specification Document
- Application FP for SOA - Application
Thanks to Xpertised and the tutor who walked me through all the topics with Practical exposure which is helping me in my current project.
Course was quite helpful in terms of understanding of concepts and practicality. Its really a very friendly environment to learn. The timing were mutually chosen, as we both are working professional.
I am quite satisfied with the course.