The Jenkins Training course is targeted at people who will use Maven to build projects. They will typically work on projects that have already been created (i.e. existing project checked out from an SCM system), or create new projects based on a Maven archetype.
The Jenkins is an award-winning application that monitors executions of repeated jobs, such as building a software project or jobs run by cron. The Jenkins course will provide Participants with an understanding of the principles of continuous integration, and the knowledge of how to implement continuous integration with automated test execution using Jenkins.
Introducing Continuous Integration and Jenkins
- Agile Development
- Continuous Integration
- History of Jenkins
- State of the Jenkins community
Installing and Running Jenkins
- Running Jenkins from the jar file
- Installing Jenkins in a servlet container
- Setup Security
- Email and Version Control
- Master/slave configurations
A Jenkins Job
- Creating a job
- Configure a job
- Run a job manually
- Run a job when source code is checked into version control
- Run a job on a regular schedule
- Monitoring External jobs
- Distributed builds
- File fingerprint tracking
- Using Jenkins for non-Java projects
- Matrix projects
- Splitting a big job into smaller jobs
- Change reporting
- Code coverage
- Static Analysis
- Performance reporting
- Style checking
Best Practices for Jenkins
Thanks to Xpertised and the tutor who walked me through all the topics with Practical exposure which is helping me in my current project.
Course was quite helpful in terms of understanding of concepts and practicality. Its really a very friendly environment to learn. The timing were mutually chosen, as we both are working professional.
I am quite satisfied with the course.