Through an even balance of theoretical study and practical exercises, participants gain the knowledge of basic electrical and transmission principles through the different uses, installation practices and standards relating to voice and data structured cabling systems.
The Datacommunications Cabling training course is ideal for new entrants to the network infrastructure industry. It is also suitable for network administrators and installers seeking to increase their practical knowledge and understanding of copper based cabling, and who require a recognised qualification.
Principals of Communications Systems
- Electrical conductors
- Current, resistance, voltage & Ohms law
- Fundamentals of data cables, analogue & digital signals
- Coaxial cables, UTP & STP (FTP) twisted pair, multicore cables
- Cable categories: Cat 5e, Cat 6 & Cat 7
Structured Premises Cabling Systems
- Topologies, horizontal & vertical wiring
- Telecom rooms
- UTP, STP & RJ45, telephone cable, LJU, coaxial cable BNC, MDF, box connection & Krone strips
- Wiring standards & colour codes
- Customer liaison
- Symbols & abbreviations
- Documentation & labelling, diagrams & drawings
Cable Laying & Fixings
- Cable supports
- Laying & set-up, laying horizontal & vertical cables
- Compliance with fire & building codes
- Cable testing, volt meters, tone set
- Certifying performance of installed cables
- Using level III test equipment
Thanks to Xpertised and the tutor who walked me through all the topics with Practical exposure which is helping me in my current project.
Course was quite helpful in terms of understanding of concepts and practicality. Its really a very friendly environment to learn. The timing were mutually chosen, as we both are working professional.
I am quite satisfied with the course.