- Minimum 5 year experience in technical system-to-system integration and data migration projects
- Experienced in ETL (Extract Transform and Load) tools, SQL querying and Transact SQL
- Experienced in assessing and implementing appropriate data migration tools to fit client’s requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead/attend workshops to design technical solutions
- Ideally some experience gained in a professional services environment, particularly within the insurance and/or healthcare industry.
- Experienced in full project life cycles (Global Implementation Experience)
- Experience in Agile development (such as SCRUM) and planning/reporting tools such as JIRA preferable
- Ability to liaise with business data owners to agree business reconciliation approach and manage its execution
- Experienced in full cycle implementation including data migration.
- Experienced in Microsoft SQL databases and/or SSAS, SSIS technologies.
- Previous experience of managing third-party service providers within a project delivery environment is useful.
Additional skills required:
- Mentoring and sharing knowledge with team members to grow our collective abilities
- Practice Collegiality: Be helpful, respectful, approachable, and team oriented; build strong working relationships and a positive work environment
- Willingness, capability and aptitude to both lead the Data Migration tasks and offer ‘hands-on’ intervention where and when appropriate
Position : Data Migration Lead
Skills : DB Design ,Data Migration, Microsoft SQL Server 7.0, 2000,2005, 2008 and 2012, SSRS,SSIS
Experience : 10.0– 13.0 Years
Qualification : B.E/B.Tech/MCA/M.Sc
- Design, document, and communicate the Data transformation, migration and test strategies and plan its implementation.
- Define and manage the data migration process and methodology so that it meets the overall project goals and timeline for delivery.
- Identify the required Data transformation, migration and testing tools, and design and build further tools to aid the migration as necessary.
- Collaborate with MI manager and SME to analyze/review the legacy data assets, structure and quality in the source database
- Identify any necessary changes to the target data structure
- Define & implement data cleansing and de-duping procedures.
- Define & implement data validation rules and processes.
- Ensure that Data Migration Test Strategy complies with the overarching Test Strategy and Quality Assurance established internally and by external Quality Assurance Consultants
- Define the business sign-off criteria for migration and ensure that the lifecycle of data is tracked appropriately
- Engage with the Project, Customer Services, Management Information teams and Stakeholders to identify the Data Migration and related risks and issues, mitigation plans and resolution actions
- Prepare regular Data Migration progress reports and issue to the project managers
- Support the Project manager with planning input for the development of the Data Migration delivery plan and reviews/updates of the plan
- Recommend or promote standards regarding the use of tools including ETL, T-SQL and scheduled SQL tasks.