The business analyst would work closely with our customers to understand their business model, requirements and translate them into software requirements document. Specifically, the responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring that the solution suggested is commercially viable and competitive
- Making proposals.
- Client relationship management.
- Conducting research and basic analysis of the industry the customer is in.
- Work directly with the implementation team to ensure delivery and implementation of the software solution
- Collecting, understanding business requirement.
- Defining the project and scope.
- Effort estimation and costing.
- Drafting business requirement specification.
- Translating business requirement document to software requirement specifications.
- Interacting with the technical team to ensure that the requirements are clear.
- 3+ years as a Business Analyst in a software development Organization
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Must be able to write detailed Functional Specifications
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Strong Data Analysis Skills
- Interacts with the client and product team to gain an understanding of the business and technological requirements
- Analyzes requirements and develops functional specification
- Applies metrics to monitor performance
- Works with Quality Assurance to ensure proper test case coverage; may assist in unit testing
- May give product presentations and data pulls, as required to support application development and roll-out
- Potential to grow into a lead position on the team, whereby having scheduling and leadership skills is desired
- Candidate should be motivated to become a subject matter expert on the software they will support
- Should have fair understanding on Project Planning and Management.
- Experience in complete project lifecycle SDLC /Agile Project Delivery.
- Knowledge of MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel, Visio and MS Word.
- Wireframe/ UI Prototyping tools (Visio, Pencil,Mockflow etc).
- Should have experience on Agile.